Klingon Bird of Prey Buildup Part2
So, things are on a good pace. I’ve been taking advantage of some rare free time that I have.
I started to prep the bulkhead lights at the bottom of the ship, so this will be visible in the underside. Using a new method I learned of using clear , transparent Dental Acrylic I was able to cut out the squares and make windows. The dental acrylic diffuses the light and gives it the appearance of a dull soft glow. There is still work to be done, and tons of light leak. Partially because I did not prep the area with foil yet. After doing this most of the light should be blocked.
I started to break down the wings and decided it was time to take a closer look. A few days ago, my son was watching Star Trek Generations on TV. I noticed that the wings of the ship each had 2 flood lights. It looked cool and thought to myself, I should use that as a reference.
Note the wingspan is rather large for a model at 6 inches, When put together it should look rather impressive. The flood lights can be seen at the top of the wing.
Using a 57 MicroBit, I drilled out the holes large enough to fit more than 1 optic cables through it, The reasoning behind this was to avoid any hassles when running the cables through and in the event I wanted more light I can add multiple Optics to the holes. the Holes are no bigger than 1/10th of an inch
I ran two of the thicker fiber optics to each of the holes and this is how it looks, a nice dryfit shot.
After sanding off some rough edges, I decided to give a quick glimpse of how this was starting to look together. For this one I used my professional camera and ditched the phone 😛
As the project is finally entering the mid cycle, I’m starting to realize how challenging this is becoming. The wires are going to be one of the biggest challenges, there are so many optic lights and various electronic wires they need to be properly shielded to avoid a short, I don’t even want to think of that happening at this point. 🙂